Bill O’Reilly spoke publicly for the first time since his Fox News ouster last week, saying that the “truth will come out” about why he was removed from the network. O’Reilly sounded noticeably subdued on his new podcast, whose first episode was posted on his personal website Monday night.

“I am sad that I’m not on television anymore,” O’Reilly admitted. “I was very surprised how it all turned out. I can’t say a lot, because there’s much stuff going on right now.” O’Reilly said that when the truth does come out, people may not be surprised, but they will be shaken, much like he said he was.

O’Reilly’s fall was breathtaking to watch. After a New York Times investigation revealed that Fox had paid $13 million in settlements to women who accused the popular cable news host of sexual harassment, advertisers began fleeing The O’Reilly Factor like it was a building on fire. Despite O'Reilly’s continued ratings success, the Murdochs bowed to public pressure and axed the host late last week.

“Now, I can’t say any more because I just don’t want to influence the flow of the information. I don’t want the media to take what I say and misconstrue it,” O’Reilly said. “And you, as a loyal O’Reilly listener, have a right to know, I think, down the lane what exactly happened. And we are working in that direction, okay?”

O’Reilly is hoping to turn his podcast into a “genuine news program” and is calling it No Spin News, which is a bit of a misnomer if you consider that the first episode was light on the news, and heavy on the spin.