Picking an area of concentration would have been so much easier if colleges were this honest. Here are just a few majors summed up succinctly in this list compiled by the folks over at Reddit.
1. Engineering: Tons of chicks, just not very many of them.
2. Theatre Major: How to Determine Your Sexual Orientation By Sleeping With Everyone You Meet.
3. Philosophy: I think therefore I am unemployable.
4. Petroleum Engineering: Ensuring Environmental Science majors have careers!
5. Economics: Imagine a factory that sells widgets…
6. Communications: Keeping NCAA student-athletes eligible for 60 years.
7. Biochemistry: Bad biologists, worse chemists.
8. Software Engineering: But it works on my machine…
9. Nursing: You’re going to see some stuff.
10. Math: We have come up with a truly marvelous slogan, but there’s not enough space for it here.
11. Education: We hope you like drinking in private.
12. Marketing: Where bullshitting dreams come true.
13. Physics: Theoretical Engineering.
14. Music: I’m aware of the potential outcomes.
15. Anthropology: Advanced people watching.
16. Graphic Design: No, I won’t make your logo for free.
17. Zoology: Because you can’t major in kittens.
18. Geology: “Jesus Christ Marie! They’re minerals!”
19. Political Science: Your opinion is wrong.