Creed lead singer and insane person Scott Stapp allegedly told his wife and sister-in-law that he is a CIA agent tasked with a mission: to kill Barack Obama.
Then he took off shirtless on his bicycle.
In a 911 call recording obtained by—who else?—TMZ, Stapp’s wife and her sister told the dispatcher that Stapp had printed out 400-600 pages of CIA documents he found on the Internet. Then he put them in a backpack and hit the road. The women placed the call in hopes Stapp would be apprehended and put on a psychiatric hold.
During a 911 call of his own, Stapp said he was on a bike because his wife had stolen his truck. When police arrived, he told them his wife had taken $6 million from him and that when he confronted her about it she decided to try and get him locked up.
Ultimately, policed decided Stapp didn’t show enough signs of mental instability to warrant a psych hold. His wife has filed legal documents attempting to get Stapp held for 60 days at a psych facility. (I bet if he’s forced into a facility against his will, he’ll refer to it as “his own prison.” Nailed it.)
Last month, Stapp posted a rambling video to his Facebook page (which has since been removed) saying the government had taken all of his money, and that he was broke and living at a Holiday Inn.
According to the Miami Herald, Stapp’s wife recently filed for divorce and custody of the couple’s children, on account of Stapp’s instability. Also because he does mad drugs, including steroids, for some reason.
In her filing, she shared some crazy-assed text messages Stapp had sent her:
- “Florida is not safe. Biological weapons on the way. U have to leave with kids and meet me in Atlanta.”
- “I’m coming to get you Satan and children. No mercy. You know how this ends. God created you and now God is ending you.”
- “God is also telling me something about Palm Springs and Nashville so there’s a connection somehow. He’s also telling me DEA for some reason.”
- “Wells Fargo working out my account problems. I’m out of gas. Haven’t eaten all day. I’m asking if they can spot me $1,000 so I don’t fall over from malnutrition.”
- “I wouldn’t doubt it if the CIA is behind Alcoholics Anonymous.”
Jesus. I hope this dude gets the help he needs.
And that I can get “With Arms Wide Open” out of my fucking head.