Our friends over at Break have created a list of all the terrible things Marty McFly and Doc Brown could have stopped if they’d had humanity’s best interests at heart. The full version of this article is available here.
With the day Marty McFly famously time travels to Hill Valley in the year 2015 to prevent a great disaster in his future fast approaching (October 21st), we can’t help but wonder why Marty and Doc spent more time screwing up their own lives instead of using the Delorean for good. Seriously, for three movies Marty used a time machine to go on a date with his mom, get hit by a car, let his greed ruin his future, accidentally send Doc to 1885 (which led to his death), all just to end back up in Hill Valley like nothing happened. What a friggin’ waste.
So here are a few places and people we wish Marty and Doc could go back in time to help for the greater good with some more serious than others. If you’ve got a time machine, you might as well use it instead of visiting your same home town over and over again. That actually sounds like our worst nightmare.
1. Marty time travels to Tiananmen Square to stop the protests. The 1989 protest in China ends after Marty and Doc take matters into their own hands. When you see that many tanks against one person, you do what you gotta do to save them, including driving your car right into one of the tanks, even though the man in front was never harmed.
2. Marty time travels to stop the Star Wars prequels. No one likes the prequels and frankly we sort of wish they just never existed. Cue Marty McFly setting his Delorean to visit the late 90’s when A Phantom Menace was being filmed to completely hault the production.
3. Marty And Doc chill everyone out at the LA Riots with his new song “Shake It Off”. The infamous Los Angeles riots of 1992 which began after the Rodney King verdict was announced lasted for six days. But if Marty had shown up to play the crowds a new song he wrote called “Shake It Off” followed by “Call Me Maybe”, everyone would have realized that further violence wasn’t the answer and just turned the riots into a big party instead.
4. Marty and Doc try to break up John & Yoko Sure, John Lennon came up with some great music during his solo period but he came up with even better music during his time with The Beatles. If only that Yoko wasn’t around to drive a wedge! So Marty and Doc decide to travel back to the 70’s, stop John and Yoko on the street and try to drive their own wedge. This act would also reset the course of John Lennon’s life and more than likely prevent his murder.
5. Marty’s high speed chase with Hitler ends with Hitler covered in manure. No historical figure deserves to be covered in shit more than Adolf Hitler. And Marty McFly is the guy to do it. After leading Hitler’s entourage into a truck filled with manure, Marty freaks the crowd out by flying through on his hoverboard, leading the Nazi party to believe that all Americans have magical abilities.
To read the rest of the list, head over to Break.com.