Ronda Rousey is currently in the middle of a quest to take over the world. She’s the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion, and is undefeated in her MMA career after 12 fights. And she doesn’t just beat opponents. She demolishes them, either by knocking them out immediately or getting them in chokeholds where they’re forced to concede defeat. She’s pretty close to untouchable inside the octagon.
Outside of the ring, she’s begun taking the entertainment world by storm as well. In the past 12 months, she’s appeared in three major films (The Expendables 3, Furious 7 and Entourage) and there’s rumors that she’s going to play herself in an upcoming biopic. Apparently no one in Hollywood could convincingly portray that much badassery.
As part of world domination tour, she recently took part in a Reddit AMA where she not only gave insight on what it’s like to be a tough as nails fighter who no one can hope to beat, but also showed off her nerd side by talking about her love for Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z and World of Warcraft. Here are some of the highlights from Rousey’s best answers from her AMA.
1. Do you sometimes wish your fights would last a little longer than just a few seconds?
No because the shorter my fights are, the more fights I can have. I only have a finite amount of fight time, and I’d like to fight as long as possible.
2. Who is your favorite Mortal Kombat character?
I would always play as Princess Katana ‘cuz in the Sega version you could press down and punch up vs the computer and get to the fifth guy from the top with all flawless victories because the computer wouldn’t learn to throw you from the floor until it was almost the end.
3. What is your idea of a great date?
Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If a guy is lame, he’ll have to come up with activities to distract you from his lameness. If he’s all kinds of awesome, doing nothing with him with be all kinds of awesome.
4. What person, past or present, would you legitimately be scared to fight?
That one gnarly giant dude from 300.
5. If you could fight any historical figure, who would it be?
Buffalo Bill. Him destroying the buffalo population of America also destroyed the Native American culture and coming from Jamestown ND, which boasts having the largest statue of a buffalo in the world, the plight of the buffalo is quite near and dear to my heart.
6. Who is your favorite Game of Thrones character from the books, and what would your sigil be if you were a character?
i always get super stoked when I see it’s a Daenarys (the ANTI D.N.B.) chapter, and would get really bummed when I saw it was a Catlyn chapter. But for some reason my heart is always Team Stark.
My sigil would be a Mew with Vegeta hair.
7. Important question here. How many chicken wings can you eat?
At least 60 in one sitting. But there were no bets on the table. I think I could’ve done more if it really came down to it.
8. Can you please tell reporters to stop asking you and Dana about Cyborg? It’s getting old. I’d be like Marshawn Lynch and just say the same thing over and over, perhaps “Let me know when she’s 135.”
Having the same conversation over and over reminds me of bar-tending, and I’m thankful for the training I received having to deal with stupid questions from repetitive drunks. I only do it because I know I’ll receive tips at the end ;)
9. With your exponential increase recently in exposure and recognition, do you worry about the amount of control that the media has over your image? And have you run into circumstances where you felt you were misrepresented or portrayed inaccurately by the media?
I accept that I have NO control over my image already. So, I try not to let the state of my perception have any effect on my happiness. You can never truly know anyone through only media anyway. If anything I just try to keep in mind that I’m an entertainer and not a politician or Miss America.
10. If you were to be in a superhero movie, which hero would you play?
Well… a lot of the good ones have been taken, but I’d like to vie for Ms. Marvel.
11. Have you ever had to throw someone who tried to pick a fight with you on the street?
Yes. See my first appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.
Here’s the clip in question:
Bonus: Someone commented: “Speak softly…and knock a bitch out”-Ronda Rousey
And Ronda replied: “I didn’t say that but it sounds like a good idea.”
RELATED: The Hottest Female Athletes in the World, Ranked
Joseph Misulonas is an editorial assistant for Playboy.com. He can be found on Twitter at @jmisulonas.