Presented by FanDuel
The great thing about Twitter is that it gives celebrities and athletes an opportunity to post anything they want whenever they want to the entire world. Did I say great? I meant absolutely horrifying for PR teams. Some athletes have been able to show their great personalities, while others have shown…something a little different. Here are 20 of the funniest, most bizarre, and craziest tweets from MLB players and personalities. Special thanks to Lana Berry for finding several of these gems.
1. Chicago Cubs’ pitcher Clayton Richard was really excited to be on Twitter, but didn’t exactly understand the character limit.
HelloTwitter! My name is Clayton Richard. Really excited to tweet. Not sure when to use the pound sign but if you follow me, I guarantee tha— Clayton Richard (@CRThrees) March 2, 2016
2. Daniel Murphy took over the Mets account for a day and this happened.
3. Jon Heyman posted a truly incredible hashtag typo
4. Brett Anderson compliments fellow pitcher Zack Greinke’s pitching and amazing hair.
When you can’t decide what is better…the fact someone has a 1.30 era or their hair is immaculate in 90+% humidity.— Brett Anderson (@BrettAnderson35) July 19, 2015
5. Sean Doolittle has his own version of FanDuel.
6. Logan Morrison did not win over many female fans with this tweet.
7. David Price welcomes Yu Darvish to the team with, you guessed it, a super questionable tweet.
8. Ozzie Guillen is a seemingly endless well of bizarre tweets, but this one is probably at the top of the list.
Great sammy sosa is black again yesssssssss— Ozzie Guillen FND (@OzzieGuillen) February 14, 2011
9. Peter Gammons shared some words of wisdom with us.
Wok bm pppppppppppppppppppppppppp— Peter Gammons (@pgammo) November 18, 2010
10. The hilarious Brandon McCarthy shares what it’s like on your first day with a new team.
the first day at a new job is always scary but thankfully I had a shower with my co-workers to look forward to and that took the edge off— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) February 21, 2015
11. Bryce Harper hit a homerun and Julio Teheran didn’t appreciate how long he admired it, so he hit him with his next pitch. That led to the team’s accounts getting into this hilarious Twitter argument.
@Braves Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 7, 2013
12. Brian Wilson showed off his top notch Photoshop skills.
13. Chipper Jones thinks Sandy Hook was orchestrated by the government.
14. Chipper Jones also thinks we should use alligators to prevent illegal immigration.
Y'all think if they took all them gators they trap in Fla and La and put them in the Rio Grande, it wud stop the illegals from crossing? Jk— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) June 8, 2013
15. Oh, Chipper Jones also wants to fight fans and insult infants.
Braves country! This clown, @lolovickery, told me I needed to die. Please make his life miserable. I’m sure he’s a cards fan. Baby is ugly 2— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) October 13, 2012
16. Dodgers pitcher Todd Coffey let his friend’s 14-year-old son use his phone to play games and, instead, he ended up tweeting some strong political opinions.
17. Curt Schilling deleted this awful tweet, for some reason.
18. After having brain surgery after being hit in the head with a line drive, Brandon McCarthy made the best of a bad situation.
WELL IF BEING DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL ISNT THE BEST TIME TO ASK ABOUT A THREESOME THEN IM FRESH OUT OF IDEAS— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) September 11, 2012
19. And, of course, there’s Jose Canseco.
Would you swallow your dogs throw up to save your best friend from dieing— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) April 26, 2012
20. You can’t sum up Canseco’s Twitter account in just one tweet. Just experience it all.
By my calculations if we nuked the polar ice caps on Mars we would make an ocean of 36 feet deep across the whole planet.— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) December 11, 2015
Yes time travel is possible. Will explain later.— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) August 13, 2012
I do not have bitch tits— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) February 1, 2013
If Earth can control the comet transport system we will run the Milkyway. Think about that— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) November 13, 2014
al gore was a head of his time .i miss him rest in peace buddy hug for u— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) March 28, 2012
Titanic 100 years wOw. Global warming couldve saved titanic. Sad to say— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) April 15, 2012
Are you a farmer in Nevada that has had crop circles? I need to talk to you .— Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) January 2, 2016
Put your knowledge to the test and enter the Playboy Baseball Championship presented by FanDuel for a chance to win cash, party with Playmates and experience the Playboy Mansion.