Since October, most of us have been glued to the TV every Sunday night to watch Westworld, HBO’s fantastic solution to what we should be binging on while Game of Thrones isn’t on. The complex plotlines, the deception, the backstabbing and the eerie conclusion that lifelike robots might be in our near future calls for a drink or two.
Will the robopocalypse finally ignite? Is the maze going to be revealed? Is Bernard/Arnold truly gone? So many questions that will hopefully be answered with the season finale this Sunday. With that being said, drinks will be needed.
Celebrate the last episode of the season with these on point Westworld inspired cocktail recipes that you can easily make at home.
• 1 oz Château du Tariquet Blanche Armagnac
• 1 oz La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Rouge
• ½ oz. lemon juice
• 3 oz. premium tonic water
Tall, beautiful, and dangerous. This elegant sipper looks gentle, but the white brandy packs a punch. Fill Collins glass with ice and add Armagnac, Vermouth and lemon juice. Top with tonic water. Stir and garnish with a lemon wheel.
• 1 ½ oz. Sombra Mezcal
• 1 oz. grapefruit juice
• ½ oz. lime juice
• ½ oz. rosemary simple syrup (combine equal parts sugar and water in a sauce pan. Add two sprigs of rosemary and simmer until sugar has dissolved. Allow to chill)
• Salt (if desired)
A mysterious concoction from Lawrence’s hometown, sweet, smoky and with a bit of a wild side. Just what one needs before heading out in search of The Maze. Combine Sombra, grapefruit juice, lime juice and rosemary syrup in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously. Salt the rim of a rocks glass. Strain cocktail over ice in rocks glass. Garnish with grapefruit wedge and rosemary sprig.
The Man in Black
• 3 parts Usquaebach Reserve Blended Scotch Whisky (25.5 oz - 1 bottle)
• ½ part lemon juice (4.25 oz)
• 1 ½ parts almond orgeat syrup (12.75 oz)
• 1 part grenadine syrup (8.5 oz)
• 4 parts clove-and-cocoa nib-infused Darjeeling tea (34 oz) (To make tea, add a small handful of cloves and cocoa nibs when brewing. Oversteep.)
Complex, yet surprisingly smooth, this deceptively sweet Scotch punch embodies the character of the show’s true star, antagonist The Man in Black. It’s the perfect drink to batch up for your big watch party. Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl. Garnish with nutmeg, cacao powder, and orange slices. Ladle over ice. For recipe, 1 part = 8.5 Oz.
My Business Is Mayhem
• 1 Sapporo Premium Beer
• 2 teaspoons Sriracha
• 1 dash soy sauce
• 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
• Salt and Chili powder mixture (2:1)
• Citrus wedge (for garnish)
Inspired by the calm, cool and collected chaos of bandito Hector Escaton, this fresh take on a Michelada marries the smooth crispness of Sapporo beer with the firey spirit of everyone’s favorite hot sauce.Rim pint glass with Salt and Chili mixture. Combine Sriracha, lime juice, Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in the glass. Fill pint glass with ice cold Sapporo Premium Beer. Garnish with citurs wedge.
Ford’s Final Narrative
• 1oz. G'Vine Nouaison Gin
• 1 oz. La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Blanc
• 1 oz. dry white wine
• 3 dashes orange bitters
An elegant martini with a full palate of wine flavors. You can sip this one in a dignified manor, but we all know you’re up to no good.Combine all ingredients and stir with ice. Strain into martini glass.