Twitter Facebook Instagram Google+ Tumblr YouTube E-Mail WhatsApp Sign In Check Close snapchat
Search
Exit Clear

George R.R. Martin Has Another TV Show on the Way

George R.R. Martin Has Another TV Show on the Way:

George R.R. Martin is finally coming out with the long-awaited…project that’s totally not the sixth and seventh book of his beloved A Song of Ice and Fire series (the source material for Game of Thrones). Don’t fret, though, because what’s actually coming your way is the equally kick-ass TV adaptation of the long-running Wild Cards book series. Written by numerous authors and edited by Martin and Melinda M. Snodgrass, the saga follows an alternate post-WWII United States where an alien virus kills 90% of the world’s population and leaves 9 out of 10 of the remaining 10% as either twisted, deformed “Jokers” with the marginal leftovers becoming ultra-cool superhumans known as “Aces.”

22 books have made up the series since it began in the late ‘80s, and while Martin has played a serious role both as editor of and contributor to the short story collections, he won’t be involved in the show. He’s just sending it off with his blessing.

MARTIN: “My own development deal is exclusive to HBO, and I am writing The Winds of Winter, as I believe most of you will recall… but I have every confidence in Melinda Snodgrass and Gregory Noveck. They know and love the Wild Cards universe almost as well as I do, and I think they will do a terrific job.”

Universal Cable Productions (UCP), the company behind Mr. Robot and Suits, has acquired the rights. They also did Monk, Psych, and Battlestar Galactica, so it’s trusted hands, Martin explained on his LiveJournal. Wild Cards could make it to our TVs as soon as the next year or two…which may come before The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

Playboy Social

Never miss an issue. Subscribe and save today!

Loading...