When guys aren’t looking up a “dirty” video while on the Internet, they’re probably Google searching some celebrity that they have a crush on. Usually they fantasize about scenarios where this totally unattainable famous person descends off their throne of popularity and deems them worthy of a date. Or maybe that’s just me. Either way there’s no denying that there are certain celebrities that garner more love on the Internet than others. Here are the 20 best celebrities the Internet is crushing on the hardest.
20. Yvonne Strahovski Why the Internet Loves Her: She had roles on two shows that earned cult online followings (Chuck and Dexter) and also voiced a character in the popular Mass Effect video game series. That character also had an incredible butt.
19. Rose Leslie Why the Internet Loves Her: Played a fiery Wildling on Game of Thrones whose hotness convinced Jon Snow to break his vows so they could “get it on.” She also uttered one of the show’s most popular quotes: “You know nothing, Jon Snow.”
18. Milana Vayntrub Why the Internet Loves Her: She’s the star of the AT&T commercials as Lily, the sales person who’s always trying to get people to buy iPhones. Guys love to find out who plays the attractive spokesmodel for tech products. And unlike 95% of commercials, hers are actually funny.
17. Natalie Portman Why the Internet Loves Her: Uh, why wouldn’t they? 1. Starred in three Star Wars movies (even if they were the crappy ones). 2. Made out with Mila Kunis in Black Swan. 3. Made a video with Lonely Island where she said she wanted to kill people and smoked weed all the time. She’s pretty awesome.
16. Alison Brie Why the Internet Loves Her: Stole every single scene she was in while on Mad Men. Also was the clear breakout star from Community. And she’s been involved in many Gif-able moments.
15. Rashida Jones Why the Internet Loves Her: She was on two of the funniest comedies of the 21st century thus far (The Office and Parks and Recreation), and she looks like one of those composites where they combine the faces of thousands of women to make the perfect face. Also she’s Quincy Jones’ daughter, which has been mentioned so much now that people shouldn’t be surprised by it.
14. Hayley Atwell Why the Internet Loves Her: You might not have heard of it, but there’s this thing called the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which she is a part of. First she played Agent Peggy Carter in Captain America, and people loved her so much, they gave that character her own show just so we can get more Hayley.
13. Blake Lively Why the Internet Loves Her: You know you’re doing something right if Hollywood is casting you to be the love interest of Ben Affleck and Ryan Reynolds. She was also on Gossip Girl, which has a cult following just like every other CW show.
12. Emily Ratajkowski Why the Internet Loves Her: Look up the “Blurred Lines” music video and you’ll see why.
11. Aubrey Plaza Why the Internet Loves Her: To be fair, we could’ve put every female cast member from Parks and Recreation on this list, but Aubrey gets bonus points for pretty much acting like her character April Ludgate in real life as well. And she’s going to be voicing Grumpy Cat, arguably the most popular online meme, in a movie. She belongs in the Internet Hall of Fame.
10. Margot Robbie Why the Internet Loves Her: She played Leonardo DiCaprio like a fiddle in The Wolf of Wall Street (and also got naked, which is nice), and got really into character as Harley Quinn for the upcoming Suicide Squad movie. Once that movie comes out, she’ll probably replace Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman in every Batman fanboy’s fantasies.
9. Natalie Dormer Why the Internet Loves Her: On Game of Thrones, she’s the only person who can manipulate Joffrey and push back on Cersei’s power grab. She’s definitely one of the few characters people can root for.
8. Emilia Clarke Why the Internet Loves Her: Speaking of characters to root for on Game of Thrones, “All hail Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, Queen of the Andals, Sorceress of the Farmlands” or whatever all her titles are. Also she played Sarah Connor in Terminator: Genisys, which kind of sucked, but it wasn’t her fault.
7. Shailene Woodley Why the Internet Loves Her: Shailene Woodley was the star of The Fault in Our Stars, a really sad movie about teenagers dying that I would never see but a lot of people did. Shailene also is into super bizarre health trends and often talks about her weird diet on late night talk shows. She supposedly eats a spoonful of clay every day. I do not know why.
6. Taylor Swift Why the Internet Loves Her: Have you listened to a pop song in the past 10 years? She’s the only musician alive who can release an actual album and people will buy it. You don’t do that because everyone hates you. Sure, she’s had a bunch of boyfriends. But then she writes songs about how terrible they are. Her albums are basically diss tracks, but instead of aiming them at Drake or Meek Mill, they’re about John Mayer.
5. Ellen Page Why the Internet Loves Her: Juno basically started everyone’s fascination with indie movies, and Ellen Page’s terrific performance is part of the reason. And now that she’s come out as a lesbian, she’s become a spokesperson for the Equal Rights Movement, and even called out Ted Cruz to his face. That seems like something Juno totally would do.
4. Anna Kendrick Why the Internet Loves Her: Anna Kendrick is probably the most likable person in the world. She’s self-deprecating, funny, crass and also charmingly sweet. She also has the best celebrity Twitter account. That’s not even an opinion. It’s a fact.
3. Emma Stone Why the Internet Loves Her: Speaking of likable celebrities, Emma Stone seems like she’d be cool to hang out with. She’s one of the funniest celebrities to ever go on a late night talk show. And she’s a redhead. The Internet loves redheads. And then she’ll dye her hair blonde, and everyone freaks out about that. She probably gets more headlines about her hair color than anybody on earth.
2. Emma Watson Why the Internet Loves Her: Ever heard of Harry Potter? It’s a pretty big deal. Just like how kids grew up reading the books one-by-one, an entire generation of people grew up watching the characters on-screen grow up. It doesn’t hurt that she grew up to be insanely attractive.
1. Jennifer Lawrence Why the Internet Loves Her: She’s been nominated for three Oscars and won one. She’s the star of one of the most popular film franchises that doesn’t have a superhero in it. Despite the fact that she might be the most famous woman in the world, she acts like she just moved out of her parents’ house and is enjoying her freedom to be herself for the first time. What the hell is not to love?