There is no denying that we women love a girls’ night out! We have an unlimited number of cocktails and at that point, who knows what we will chat about. Sex, love, dating…It is a night of escape from our “one and only,” of course some ever-so-entertaining gossip and plates of delicious eats! However, a girls’ night out is not even remotely close to what I have recently come across: MANBQUE (in my deep manly voice)! It is a group of gentlemen who take male bonding to a whole new level!
ManBQue’s home base is on Chicago’s North Side. Created in 2006 by a group of seven men with a passion for grilling, beer, and nothing but good times with men only, ManBQue has gone from only seven members to 400 and counting. They have multiple chapters, all the way from Japan to my favorite city, Bean Town! Not only does ManBQue give you the most exhilarating experience you could possibly have with a group of men, it also has strict guidelines you must abide by as well.
Some of my favorite rules:
- Vegetarians are not allowed at ManBQue. (Unless they bring us meat…or allow us to throw tomatoes and eggs at them.)
- When referring to a female life partner, a woman you are currently having “relations” with, a woman who has borne your spawn or any other woman (not blood related) whom you let into your living space more than twice a week, you must refer to this woman as “my Old Lady.”
- ManBQue should only be held during the week. Weekends are for CoedBQues where there is a slight chance of actually going home with a woman.
- You must bring enough beers to share. Trading of beers is only allowed if beers being traded are of equal value and taste. Be aware that your beer is a reflection of you and you will probably be judged based on your selection.
- Swords and power tools are encouraged to be on hand at ManBQue.
- You must shout at ManBQue.
- Always exaggerate at ManBQue.
I can’t help but chuckle when I read my favorite rules that ManBQue demand. There are many more rules, but I just wanted to share my favorites!
ManBQue creates some of the greatest dishes, whether it is at their local chapter or at an event. Yup, they even do catering! They pride themselves on Southern-style service with attention to detail. They have two prepared menus, a Burger Bar or Taco Bar, but of course they can create a customized menu just for you!
ManBQue is the hot new thing in my book! They have definitely topped the occasional girls’ night out with their ManBQue shout-outs, rules and their passion for grilling. I encourage all men to be a part of ManBQue! It’s fun and serves up some grilling foodgasms! What more can a man ask for?
To check for your local chapter and how you can become a member, check out www. manbque.com