NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Dates: Beginning at 9:00 AM PST on August 30, 2012 and ending at 5:00 PM PST on August 30, 2012.
- To Enter: Entrants must follow @playboy on Twitter.com to enter. Only one entry per person and per Twitter account will be accepted. Entrants will be required to tweet their favorite Playboy Cover to @Playboy with the hashtag “#Greatest Covers”. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the Twitter account where the message is posted. One entry per valid Twitter account per person will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only entrant's first entry during the specified Sweepstakes entry period will count. No third-party entry or entry through sweepstakes service permitted. All materials submitted become the property of Playboy Plus Entertainment, Inc. (“Playboy”) and will not be returned. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by Playboy, will be disqualified. Playboy shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to void any entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to select the prize winners from all non-suspect entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Playboy.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to individual legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and/or the District of Columbia (excluding, without limitation, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories) who are 21 years of age and older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of households of Playboy (“Sponsor”) are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- Winner Selection: A random drawing will be held on or about 5:00 P.M. PST August 30, 2012, from among all eligible entries received. Four winners will be chosen by Playboy; decisions of Playboy judges are final. Winners will be contacted via Twitter and will have two (2) hours to respond, or the prize will automatically pass to the next entrant selected in the random drawing at Playboy’s sole discretion.
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize: Each winner will receive one (1) copy of the book Playboy’s Greatest Covers.
Approximate retail value of each Prize: $27.00
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize of greater or equal value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date, upon its sole discretion.
6. General Rules: Sweepstakes administration, winner selection and prize claim verification will be conducted by Playboy. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Playboy, whose decisions are final. All materials submitted become the sole property of Playboy and will not be returned. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. All prize winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within seven (7) days of first attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, but not limited to, fraud or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. By entering this Sweepstakes, a participant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its successors, estates and assigns and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which he/she now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, each winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure.
7. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
8. This offer may not be reproduced, reprinted or published elsewhere in any format without the written permission of Sponsor.
9. All taxes are the responsibility of each winner and an IRS form #1099 will be issued to all prize winners for the year 2012 for the approximate retail value of the prize.
10. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use each Winner's name, town and state, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s photographers/videographers for publicity purposes, in perpetuity in all media, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law, and each winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by the Sweepstakes Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate the Sweepstakes Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and each winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, stolen, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed, or postage-due entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction nor unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry materials by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Any person attempting to damage any website, defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for any prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, USA without regard to its conflicts of laws or provisions. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Los Angeles County, California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
12. Winners List: Winners’ names will be available on or about August 30, 2012. For a copy of the Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business envelope to Playboy’s Greatest Covers Sweepstakes, c/o Playboy Plus Entertainment, Inc., 2300 West Empire Avenue, 7th Floor, Burbank, CA 91504 to be received by September 30, 2012. You cannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this address will be discarded. Vermont residents are not required to include return postage.
13. Sponsor/Administrator: Playboy Plus Entertainment, Inc., 2300 West Empire Avenue, 7th Floor, Burbank, CA 91504.