PLAYBOY.COM’S START THE SPREAD CONTEST RULES ("Official Rules")
HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Playboy.com’s Start The Spread Contest (the “Contest”) begins on April 23rd, 2012 between 12:00 pm and ends on April 30th, 2012 at 6 pm (Eastern Standard Time). To enter, entrants must Like our Facebook page and share the Facebook/playboydotcom and related link via Twibbon to “Start The Spread.” By entering this Contest, all entrants release PCI, the Group and their respective affiliates and subsidiary companies and their respective employees, agents, officers, and directors (including advertising and promotional agencies) (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect participation in this Contest (including damage to computers).
2. PRIZES. Prizes are nontransferable and may not be resold in any manner. No cash or other substitutions will be offered. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. PCI has the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if listed prize is unavailable. PRIZE: One (1) Limited Edition Prototype 2 Leather Jacket
3. GENERAL CONDITIONS. PCI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (ii) to be in violation of the terms of service of the web site; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iv) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
4. ELIGIBILITY. Each contestant must be 21 years old or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of North America (U.S. or Canada). Employees (and relatives of such employees) of PCI and the Group, and retailers and judging organizations are not eligible. The winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility or an alternate winner may be selected. Contest void where prohibited by law (including Puerto Rico). This Contest shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. All entrants to this Contest agree that any and all disputes arising out of or relating in any way to this Contest shall be litigated only in courts sitting in Cook County, Illinois, U.S.A.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. PCI’s decisions in all matters relating to or arising out of the Contest are final and in its sole discretion. The Contest timing and award of prizes will be as follows:
(e) On April 31th, 2011, at a time selected by PCI in its sole discretion, PCI will announce the one (1) individual winning entrant to which one (1) jacket will be awarded and chosen on a random basis. Winners will be notified on Facebook/playboydotcom webpage and must then respond by sending an email to Facebook/playboydotcom within not more than 48 hours following the time of winning announcement. The email must include your full name, address, phone number and a copy of your driver’s license or other government ID, showing proof of your age and residency. PCI may request any additional information it deems necessary to verify your eligibility. IN THE EVENT ANY OF WINNERS HAS NOT RESPONDED WITHIN THE HOURS AFTER THE WINNING ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN POSTED ON TWITTER, THEN THE SECOND ELIGIBLE ENTRANT WILL BE DECLARED THE WINNER. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT, IN THE EVENT THE ALTERNATE WINNER PROCESS DESCRIBED ABOVE TAKES PLACE, THE ACTUAL WINNER MAY RECEIVE THE PRIZE NOT MORE THAN FIVE (5) DAYS PRIOR TO THE PARTY AND THAT, REGARDLESS OF SUCH TIMING, NEITHER PCI NOR THE GROUP IS UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE A PRIZE SUBSTITUTION OR CASH VALUE REPLACEMENT FOR THE PRIZE.
6. ADVERTISING. Except where prohibited by law or regulation, winner’s acceptance of prize will constitute permission for the Released Parties to use winner’s name, likeness, and statements for any purpose in reference to the Contest without additional compensation, consideration or consent. By accepting a prize, winner also agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, use or misuse of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity.
7. MISCELLANEOUS. These Official Rules represent the entire agreement between you and PCI. In the event of a conflict between these Official Rules and any of PCI’s legal notices, these Official Rules will govern and control.