Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
Cilantro Lime Crema
• ½ cup light sour cream
• ½ lime, juiced
• 3 tbsp. cilantro, finely minced
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
• ¾ tsp. chipotle chili powder
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• ½ tsp. ground paprika
• ½ tsp. ground coriander
• ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
• ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• ¼ cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
• 2 avocados, peeled, cored and diced
• 2 cups shredded red cabbage
For the cilantro-lime sauce, whisk together all ingredients in a bowl while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.Cover and chill until ready to use.
For the shrimp, begin by whisking together chipotle chili powder in a medium bowl with chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss until evenly coated. Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, tossing once halfway through cooking, about three to four minutes.
To assemble tacos, heat a small saucepan to medium high heat. Lightly brush both side of the tortilla with olive oil and cook until browned on each side. Top tacos with shredded cabbage, shrimp, avocado, quest fresco, and drizzle on cilantro-lime crema.