The guys at Food Steez are all about bacon goodness, so you can bet they know how to throw down when it comes to avocados with bacon. Here, the show us how to make bacon wrapped avocado fries with baja dipping sauce.
• 4-6 Strips of Bacon, cut in half
• 2 ripe Avocados
• 1⁄3 Cup Brown Sugar
• 1⁄2-1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 lime, juiced
• 4 tbsp. greek yogurt
• 1⁄2 c. cilantro
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1 tsp. salt
Baja Sauce Instructions:
In a food processor, combine avocado, cilantro, mayo, lime juice, greek yogurt, salt, garlic, and pulse until smooth. Add approximately 1-2 tbsp. of water if needed for consistency. Set aside.
1. Heat the oven to 425F
2. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and chili powder. Set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
4. Cut open the avocado and remove the pit. Slice about 3⁄4" slices lengthwise through the avocado, and then cut through the middle to cut all of the slices in half so that you have thick chunks of avocado.
5. Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap each piece around the avocado. Place on baking rack and spoon on brown sugar mixture.
6. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven, serve with baja sauce and enjoy!