The guys at Food Steez are experts at dope sandwiches. Here, they upgrade a buffalo chicken sandwich by adding homemade fried pickles.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich With Fried Pickles
• 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1 cup Franks Buffalo sauce
• 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch seasoning
• 1 ½ tablespoons butter
• 1 sesame bun
• 2 slices gouda cheese
• 3-4 tablespoons blue cheese dressing (for topping) 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles (for topping)
Ranch Fried Pickles:
• 1 ounce (1 packet) ranch seasoning ½ cup flour
• ½ cup skim milk
• 3 tablespoons pickle juice (from the jar)
• 1 cup bread and butter pickle chips
• canola oil for frying
For the pickles, in a shallow bowl whisk together the ranch seasoning, flour, milk, and pickle juice. Whisk until a sticky batter forms. Place pickles into batter and coat both sides. In a deep skillet or large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to about 370 degrees F. Place the pickles in the batter and allow to fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove pickles from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Allow to cool before serving.
For the sandwich, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook raw chicken breast for 15-20 minutes. Once finished, remove and shred. Place chicken in bowl and toss with buffalo sauce. To assemble sandwich, place cheese on bottom half of bun. Place in oven until cheese is melted. Then add chicken, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles, and your Fried Pickles.