The guys at Food Steez are all about chicken, so you can bet they know how to throw down when it comes to making chicken wings. Here, the show us how to make sriracha baked chicken wings.
• 1 chicken breast
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 2 tablespoon sesame oil
• 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar • 1 teaspoon cornstarch • 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, for garnish • ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Dry the chicken wings thoroughly with paper towels and remove as much excess moisture as possible. Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl combine the melted butter, sesame oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Pour this mixture over the wings and toss well to coat. Spread the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the wings until browned and crisp (50-55 minutes). Using tongs, flip them over halfway. In the meantime, to make the sauce; Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s melted, add the crushed red pepper and ginger; cook for a minute, then add in the honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice, and vinegar. Bring the mixture to light boil, stirring constantly, then stir in the cornstarch; cook just until thickened up (about 30 seconds). Remove from the heat and set aside. When the wings are finished in the oven, remove and set aside. Pour warm sauce over wings and toss to coat. Turn on broiler, add wings into the broiler for 4-5 minutes, remove and set aside. Sprinkle on sesame seeds, cilantro and enjoy!