Playboy's November/December 2018 Issue
(LOS ANGELES, CA – October 18, 2018) Playboy closes out another historic year with the November/December issue with globe-trotting model and November 2018 Playmate Shelby Rose on the cover. The final edition of 2018 introduces a diverse collection of notable personalities, unapologetic viewpoints and intercultural features. With cooler temperatures around the corner, Playboy invites you to bundle up and be inspired by the magazine’s Heritage, annual Holiday Gift Guide crafted by the “Rabbit”, and not to mention, December Playmate Jordan Emanuel, a fiercely independent, renaissance woman.
Available now digitally and on newsstands nationwide by October 30, Playboy’s Nov/Dec issue also includes a candid conversation with Fox News’s prime-time provocateur, Tucker Carlson. Contributing Editor Eric Spitznagel, who last interviewed Michael Shannon for the Playboy Interview, met Carlson in Washington D.C., where he said, “Conversing with Tucker is a weird dance. I kept wondering if I should be challenging him more. But what good would come of that?... We already know what he believes; what’s more interesting is how he got here.”
The seven-page, in-depth interview with Tucker Carlson reveals there’s more to the life of the polarizing pundit. From crashing weddings to media manipulation, Carlson opens up on a more personal level than ever before. When asked about recent public debates, Carlson says “First of all, I’m not a debater. That’s not how I think of it. I host a show every night. I don’t need to win.” He also believes all news stations are “100 percent completely lying”, and he gets to decide what news is factual by saying “Our job is to decide what’s important and why. Fox has never, in two years I’ve had the show, said ‘You can’t do that.’ I have pure editorial control. So does Rachel Maddow. You can tell.”
Additional highlights of Playboy’s Nov/Dec 2018 issue include:
• An exclusive six-page story from the creative team behind the critically acclaimed Dynamite series, James Bond Origin, taking readers back to March 1941 and tells the definitive account of James Bond’s exploits during World War II.
• Holiday Gift Guide: Playboy editors selected the most modern and most retro must-haves for 2018; along with some of the Rabbit’s most-coveted Playboy apparel.
• 20Q with Charlie Cox, a.k.a. Marvel’s Daredevil, on what really makes a superhero.
• Let’s Play with audacious rapper Tommy Genesis as she prepares for her self-titled debut album out November 9.
• Politics: consumer advocate, author and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader on advancing the country’s moral strength.
• Fiction installments including T. Jefferson Parker’s The Queen of Majestic and Maxim Loskutoff’s The Fourth Armada.
• Movies: Director Jason Reitman resurrects a 1980s political scandal with The Front Runner.
• Heritage: published for the first-time, a never-before-seen interview from 1982 with Playboy humorist Jean Shepherd on traveling with the Beatles; Playboy Motors dating back to the 1940s; and Hugh Hefner’s countless efforts in preserving the Hollywood sign.
• Profiles on social media star Lindsey Pelas on flipping the script with her podcast, and Free the Nipple creator Lina Esco on the Equal Rights Amendment.
• Playboy Advisor: sex and advice columnist Anna del Gaizo on bringing someone home for the holidays, polyamory and role-playing.
• Pictorial: a dreamy reunion with 2017 Playmate of the Year Brook Power.
Playboy’s Nov/Dec 2018 issue is now available for download at Playboy.com and hits newsstands nationwide by October 30, 2018.
About Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
Playboy is one of the most recognized and popular consumer brands in the world. Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a media and lifestyle company that markets the brand through a wide range of media properties and licensing initiatives. The company publishes Playboy magazine in the United States and licenses foreign editions of Playboy around the world; operates Playboy.com, a leading lifestyle and entertainment site; and creates content for distribution via television networks, websites, mobile platforms and radio. Through licensing agreements, the Playboy brand appears on a wide range of consumer products in more than 180 countries.